Happy New Year! 2012–it sounds so ridiculously futuristic, yet here we are.
I thought I’d kick off the new year with a little retrospective. Last year was my second year of blogging and the number of you fair folks visiting more than doubled–thank you!
Looking over the year’s most popular posts, I can say that you guys like your desserts, and I can’t blame you one bit. Although I hope to continue bringing you healthy and budget friendly offerings for you and your family this year, I can guarantee you there will be plenty of goodies.
Top Ten Posts of 2011
2. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookies, ’nuff said.
5. Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies (aka Monkey Cookies). These are a huge hit with the littles.
6. Chocolate Rhubarb Cookies-I know, these sound a little strange, but the tartness of the rhubarb compliments the chocolate. Think chocolate covered sour cherries.
7. Banana Stackers–a fun little breakfast or snack for the kiddos.
8. Whoopie Pies, a great alternative to the ubiquitous cupcake.
9. Pulled Pork Tamale Pie-the first dinner to make the list!
10. And another dinner! Fried Tofu and Cabbage with Peanut Sauce.
Happy New Year from Tallgrass Kitchen!